Friday, April 10, 2009

Random Stuff and Lists

TGIF!

And hopefully the Obamas will remain on American soil for some time. And I can't believe I typed that, and meant it. But I am tired of the media telling me what a success the European Tour has been; when in actuality Obama accomplished absolutely nothing. And I do mean nothing. All of his requests and plans were squelched individually by every nation that he expressed needs/wishes from. Even after all of the sucking up and groveling. The man intended to sell out his country for HIS personal ideals, and still came up short. All of the bowing and apologizing didn't help him one bit; and more importantly did nothing except polarize Americans here at home. But my oh my, they sure have a sense of style; and looked good while bombing out overseas. But at least every nation likes us now that Bush is gone and the savior is our president. I wonder if Obama realizes that he is being beat by his own game. Or if any Americans can really see the writing on the wall...

But that is enough vitriol for a Friday. May as well keep it light. I planned on sharing some thoughts on The End of Christianity in America, but I just don't feel like it is something that I need to do today.

So how about some good, ole' lists:

Five Things I Would Give the Queen of England (and still be better than Obamas gifts)
1- A Toaster
2- A Ronco Knife Set, and only three easy payments
3- One Calculator
4- A Missouri, "Show Me State" Collectors Edition Spoon from Boomland
5- Sincerity


Top Groups I Wanna Hear On My Pandora Stations:
1- Anthrax
2- Dave Potts
3- Zakk Wylde
4- Ty Tabor
5- Galactic Cowboys; and not just from "Let It Ride" CD

Things I am Reading This Week
1- The Book of Isaiah, God
2- The Way of a Pilgrim, Anonymous
3- Orthodoxy, G.K. Chesterton

Good Things In Sports This Week:
1- The Blues are looking good for the playoffs
2- Baseball season is here, and I'm glad for some reason
3- Tyler Hansbrough won a NCAA championship


Video Games I Am Playing Currently:
1- Civilization 4; Fall From Heaven Mod, PC
2- Super Mario Galaxy, Wii
3- Wii Music, Wii

Food That I Crave Today:
1- Alice Springs Chicken, Outback (and yes, it is the ONLY chicken I crave)
2- BBQ Pork Steak, mine
3- Bacon Cheeseburger, Brandy
4- BG's Supreme and Potato Skins, BG's
5- Ice Cream, anywhere or any kind

And that is about it. As you can probably tell, it is already the weekend in my feeble mind.

Have a Great Weekend and don't forget the Real reason to celebrate Easter every day. There is much to learn from The Cross; but none more important than the love of Christ.

God Bless

5 comments:

Ronnie Lutes said...

CIV IV - The greatest game of all time!!!!! I have never played that particular mod, but anything CIV is good. Sid Meier is a video game guru. Railroad Tycoon, Alpha Centauri, Colonization, The CIV series, etc. I bow down at the altar of Sid.

RMason said...

I love all of those games also, Ronnie. They are a big, if not THE reason I still play computer games.

You should check out Galactic Civilizations also. Its not Sid Meier, but is a great game none the less.

Ronnie Lutes said...

I have Galactic Civilizations and it is a great game, however the only game that I have ever played that could rival CIV IV is Medieval II:Total War.

I think there are 2 reasons I have a love for History - CIV II and Bob Depro. Our kids would be smarter if they played those games as opposed to HALO and the other shooter games.

RMason said...

I agree about our kids playing other games. I hope mine like the historical games as much as I do also. Right now it is anything with monsters, aliens, mythology, or spongebob.

You should go to civfanatics website and look at some of the different mods for civilizations.

And you are right that nothing rivals civilization games...

Tosha K said...

I miss BG's potato skins!!! Now that is what I am going to crave all day Thanks Ronnie!!!!