Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bombast; for Samantha

Some random thoughts for today:

Today is Tax Day and I see where many cities are having, "Tea Parties". Not to toot my own horn, well actually, I am tooting my own horn, but I suggested that we hold a Tea Party back in the fall when Bush/Paulson started all of this TARP/bailout junk. Go back and read the blogs (and how is that for an indiscreet shill?!!?) But my point was that we are facing taxation without representation all over again; and that our out of touch government needs to listen to us, "we the people".

How many are going to a Tea Party today? I hope to attend, or at least drive by and honk my truck horn, but I have a full plate today. And a heathen child...

The NHL Playoffs start today, and today is a big day for my St. Louis Blues! Today is the first time that the Blues will play in a post season game since their record 27 year consecutive playoff streak was broken four years ago. And it is also the first time that the Blues have been in the playoffs since my son was born. I'm not superstitious, but I was beginning to consider putting him up for adoption! But now all is well and he can learn about real, playoff hockey. And my wife can remember how stupid the madness of the post season makes me...

Is anyone else tired of hearing about the Obamas dog? Dang! Give it a rest. I usually enjoy most of the "first pet" stuff and realize that it makes our president seem to be more of a rel person to us common-folk; but enough is enough! Maybe the Obamas should have gotten a horse, so when it dies the media can continue to ride into the absolute ground.

There was something else I was going to mention here, but my memory is as reliable as Joe Biden's. Oh well, maybe it will come back to me.

I have not mentioned it yet, but I think the president was right on in dealing with the Somalian pirates by sending in the navy seals. Way to go Mr. President! Just don't stop here; finish the job.

I see more and more articles that life insurance companies are lining up for bailouts and TARP money. My question is, why the change in our rates and premiums to offset losses by insurance companies if Uncle Sam is just gonna give you free money? It is free money isn't it? So will my rates go up again if my insurance company shows a loss for the year? Even if the government bails them out? And when will the government appoint an insurance czar? When will insurance companies be owned by the government?

Speaking of insurance companies being owned by the government, will the government give bailout money to my health care provider when they are forced out of business by national health care? How does that work?

I'm still thinking on the "End of Christianity in America" but not lead to write on it yet.

And speaking of Christianity, does anyone remember Jesus and the cross and the empty tomb now that Easter is three days in the past? Did Jesus raise from the dead only to be forgotten until December 24th? Is it still cool to type, "Thank you Jesus " on my Facebook page, or will I be seen as fanatical if i type that today? How many of us have gone back to thinking of ourselves, then others, then God, now that Easter is such ancient history? Of course we have bills to pay, jobs to do, people to see, and places to go; and true Faith does slow down our lifestyle a bit, doesn't it?

And I will end on that note. Have a good day.

2 comments:

Samantha J said...

Wow...a blog dedicated to me! :) Don't think that's ever happened...and with such good words, too.

I do read your blogs, just don't normally leave comments (don't want to look like a cyber stalker...and we all know a couple of those -- I have my fair share!!).

Anyway...go to the Tea Party! I wish I could break from this craziness that is my life right now to attend it myself.

And as far as Jesus goes -- shout it from the rooftops!! "Thank You Jesus!". If people think you're fanatical, they haven't read the part of the bible that talks about judging.

Ronnie, keep up the good thoughts and speak your mind...this is what makes America the greatest place in the world...even with all her faults.

RMason said...

Thanks for the kind words, Samantha. I may need to name blogs after you more often!