Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Is It Still Easter?

Happy Earth Day, whatever that is. And here's to the other 364 days a year that anyone could care less about their carbon footprint. Kind of like Valentines Day; here's some chocolate and a flower so that I can ignore you and take you for granted the rest of the year. Oh yeah, I love you...

We may not say those actual words with our mouths, but we do say them with our actions many times. Instead of attempting to alter our lifestyles or character traits, we designate a day to "celebrate, remember, and become aware", then our conscious is eased. We do it for Christmas, for our Veterans, for our spouses, our independence as a nation, so on and so forth. Does anyone remember Easter? You remmebr, the holiday we had two weeks ago. You know, the one that made it ok and semi-chic to say that we love Jesus and that we remember the cross and an open tomb. Do many have the courage to take the same stand today? Do we feel like we may be a little fanatical if we yearn for God today, on a regular Wednesday, nearly twenty days removed from Easter? Wouldn't it be easier to take a stand if it were more popular? Couldn't we make or convictions convict us at a more opportune time? If it weren't just me, myself, I would take a stand for Jesus; all I'm waiting for is a crowd, and I'll be the loudest person praising God.

Contrary to popular belief and hope, it all starts with one person, and it starts with ourselves. So for my part, I scratched my blog that I had worked on earlier; all about freedoms and government and things that interest me, and am refocusing on a blog I wrote a couple of weeks ago, "Easter Evermore", at least in my thoughts. But I deserve no medal or accolades for doing such.

I'm better nor worse than anyone else. I'm not trying to be preachy or self-righteous; I'm coming forward with a confession that I have been consumed with liberties and hockey games. My thoughts and concerns are about monies and lifestyles. I fret about getting the house painted this spring or doing some interior work on my home. I have spent too much time playing on the computer and not enough on my praying and studies. So I';m not pointing fingers at anyone; but I feel the need to keep myself accountable on the things I say and write, and pray for consistency in my actions and speech. And I hope that this rubs off on others; I hope to do my part to take a stand and not have Easter to be another Earth Day.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

I don't think you came off as self righteous or preachy. I feel a renewed since of what's important and where my life should be directed every Sunday that I attend church. I am reminded weekly that He die for me and now lives again but, I still loose focus during the week. thanks for the mid week reminder.

RMason said...

Thanks, Shawna. We all need reminders, or at least I do anyway...

Hope all is well in Vegas.