Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Evermore

I hope that everyone had a good Easter Sunday, and was able to spend quality time with family and friends. But more importantly, I hope that Easter will be to us than just a few days or a season. I hope that we all live like everyday is Easter; and that we remember not only the cross, but mostly that we remember the empty tomb.

And make no mistake, the tomb is empty! Despite all of the crazy theories and speculations as to what may have happened to Jesus body, we can be certain that we have the faith and knowledge that we serve a risen Lord. We can trust that our relationship with God, through Jesus, is a relationship between the living; not a relationship between one living and one set of bones.

Never do I remember so many conspiracy theories or so many being so vocal about their doubtings on the resurrection of Jesus. I can't remember there ever being as many programs on History or Discovery Channel, stating the doubt of a risen Saviour. Everyone wants proof of Jesus and no one wants to have much Faith, for fear of being called unintelligent or backwards; or worse, close-minded.

And today, I will spare you of all of the statistics, documentation, and other evidence that the Resurrection is real. But please Email or contact me with any questions you may have, personally. I can also recommend some good reading on the subject if you don't just want my two-cents.

And I can do this not because I am some kind of Bible scholar, historian, or archaeologist. I can relate to the doubts and help answer the questions because I too have been a seeker who needs something tangible in order to grow my Faith. I took God to task when He said to try me and test me. I believe when Jesus told the disciples to consider the costs before following Him, that He wishes for ALL of His followers to have the same considerations today, just as they did two thousand years ago.

I am like doubting Thomas. I wanted to believe. I knew what everyone was saying. I heard the whispers and grumblings on the streets. My heart knew what was real and authentic. But I wanted to know the TRUTH. And like Thomas, I have no problem being loyal and bold in my actions if I know that I am serving the Truth. I hope that I will not have to surrender my life for God, as Thomas did; but I would like to believe that my Faith is strong enough to stand up to that task if God lead me to do such.

And there is no way on Earth that I would have the boldness, or even any consideration for standing on such Truth, if I didn't know that it IS the Truth. I have no desire to die for any ideology or psychology. I am not noble, nor am I overly chivalrous when it comes to my own life. It is sad to admit that, but there is no need for me to lie. I am no hero nor champion of any cause.

But Thankfully God hasn't asked me to die for Him; He asks me to LIVE for Him. And to live for Him every day, not just Easter season. Long after it is acceptable to mention Jesus on my Facebook page or blog about the Truth the day after Easter, God asks me to live for Him every day, all day. Not just the handful of days that Christianity is in vogue.

Jesus is The Way, The Truth, and The Life. My walk with God lead me to question and search; to watch the documentaries against Christ and to look at all of the evidence, for and against the resurrection. My Faith grew as I discovered more about the Bible and about God. And that Faith now sustains me; more than any facts or evidence ever could.

I have a LIVING relationship with a LIVING Saviour. There is no need to prove or disprove that. It is the Truth that is in me. And it can be the Truth that is in you.

And that Truth has asked me to live everyday like it is Easter Sunday; to remember the cross, the empty grave, and the supernatural power that made it all happen, so that I, a sinner worse than any, may have Salvation. And to forget that supernatural work in my life as I forget what I ate for Easter Dinner is not only illogical, but it doesn't speak well of a relationship in which I confess that I would like to think that I would die for.

So my desire is to live my life as it is Easter evermore. Please pray for me to have the strength, discipline, and continual desire to accomplish this.

No comments: