Friday, December 26, 2008

A Couple of Announcements and Some Filler...

I trust that everyone had a very, Merry Christmas and are all recovering nicely. I have very few thoughts on my mind today, so hold the usually low expectations for the blog, just a little lower today:

For starters, I want to make it official that I am putting my name in the hat for a head coaching job in the NFL. And I am not particular as to what team, although my first choice would be my beloved St. Louis Rams. As near as I can tell, you don't need much of a resume for the job so I am close to qualified. I have coached every over the last 20 years from my couch and have made personnel decisions every Monday morning from the same previously mentioned couch...maybe this could be a "work from home" type job. Of course I will need my co GM/coach of the last 20 years in my best buddy, Jeff. And we not only know all there is to know about sports, but we can solve most of the World's problems. So we may be running for government office in the near future. And I understand that you need not have any credentials for any of those jobs. Just ask any one of the Kennedy family.

I also would like to announce that I am in line for a government bail out. I am representing "The Self-Inflicted Blog",and am asking for $75 in government aid to help me endure this current economic crisis. That will last me until Monday.Then I will present my economic plan for the upcoming fiscal year; and ask for an additional $2.5 million. And I think that my contribution to the economy is just as important as the next business in the commercial sector. And now that the Commercial Real Estate Industry (no, I didn't consider them industry either) is in the mix for a few billion, I assume that anything goes. And I am entitled to my God given right to make money. So where's my check?

Did anyone purchase any stock in Energizer Batteries? Or Walgreens? I sure wish that I would have so I could get back some of the small fortune that has been spent in the last two days. Maybe I am at least entitled to a subsidy...

Does anyone else fail to see the big deal about Rick Warren doing the invocation for Obama's inauguration? I have a lot of opinion on this, but am too cerebrally challenged today to tackle them. here is an interesting article on the subject though: http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=41545213455&h=NUsnp&u=PsoHT

I noticed that MTV played a music video a couple of nights ago. I guess that was a Christmas present or something...and does the M still stand for music?

And that is about it for today. Not exactly Pulitzer material, I know. But maybe it will suffice and get the already slow turning wheels of ideology on Fridays to churn a little more efficiently. Or at least help push those of us on the brink of sombulance already, over the edge and into full blown, nap mode; there is nothing noble in straddling the fence on anything!

Have a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

F.Y.I. the M in MTV stands for manure now!