Friday, June 5, 2009

An Unedited Rant Intended to Declutter

TGIF...

I'm attempting to reduce the clutter from my desk and clear my mind of a few thoughts today:


I have come across a note with the words,"sensible conscience clause" scribbled down, and a brief explanation that this clause is a stipulation in "abortion reform" that would allow health care providers the right to refuse to perform an abortion. I remember thinking that this is vague and leaves an awful lot of gray area; wiggle room for legislation and execution of the "reform". I also remember thinking that there is little wiggle room on this issue, and no means by which to bridge the gap between those who view abortion as murder and those who view abortion as a choice. I wish that Americans weren't so polarized, but there is no gray area here. And in my opinion, choices do not take life, but abortions do. There is no tap dancing around the issue, despite the rhetoric...

Here's a definition of terms for you: Diversity- the right to become just like me or be considered close-minded, backwards, or hateful...we really shouldn't use words if we don't know what they mean...

I fully expect a gasoline tax as soon as Chrysler, GM, or The United States Motor Company produce a more fuel efficient car. Not only will this help the religion of Green, but be an effective means to manipulate the sales of fuel efficient cars. And while I am not against fuel efficiency, I do like vehicles that can pass slow-moving vehicles on the highway, or pull a trailer full of limbs to the city compost site, both while managing to reach a speed of 30 mph in less than three minutes. But more importantly, taxes are not meant to punish, manipulate, or reward. Taxes are to be used for basic infrastructure. We really need to focus on the principle of the issues, not the outcome of legislation...

Where are the jobs that the "hurry up and rush this most important bill" of the stimulus package? And why did unemployment RISE from 8.9% in April to 9.2% in May? I thought time was of the essence when the bailouts and stimulus packages were passed. And how is it that only now, this problem may take some time to be resolved? My guess is that it is the difference between rhetoric of an election year and the pragmatical words of the reality of running the country...

I find it interesting that I find myself to be most like Christ in that I would rather spend time with outcasts, drunks, and those of ill repute than to spend much time with a "church crowd". Don't get me wrong, I have some very good Christian friends who are not "churchy" and who sincerely care about others in our community; and I enjoy their company and friendship more than any other people that come to mind. And I find that the verse in the Bible that tells us not to forsake our fellowship with our Christian brothers and sisters to be very, very important. But I still have to say that there is more Jesus in the bars and on the streets than in our church houses. Not exclusively but generally speaking. And I imagine Jesus' day was similar or He would have hung around the temple more often instead of spending time with a motley crew of men he called His disciples...

I think our society has become enslaved by money. I also think that this philosophy that we have adopted, whether cognitively or not, will lead to the end of our freedoms; first we lose Federal and State rights, then we lose more individual rights. And it began, for the most part, with the apathetic want of a dollar...

I have noticed that there is more more scrutiny in dealing with the Bible than in dealing with science. If an individual would apply a balance of attention and detail to both, the truth would become much easier to see...

I have tried very hard not to get into President Obama's Cairo speech this week. I have to calm down before I write about the speech. But I want to end with a few thoughts/questions I have, that arose from Carter's, I mean Obama's speech: For starters, why does no one realize that the Palestinians do not want a two-state existence with Israel? They have had opportunities in the past to develop an economy, a culture, infrastructure, etc. but the Palestinians always place bombing and the destruction od Israel above the advancement of their own culture and people. So applying pressure to Israel is not going to help in the peace process; at least not pressure of a two-state existence.

Next Section of Clutter Reduction: Why give a speech about peaceful resolve in Egypt? They have no freedoms, little acceptance of anything other than what they deem important or worthy. They are ruled by a merciless tyrant and oppress many people. They receive the second most American aid than any other nation, and we send a president who will not use any leverage, but talks out of both sides of his mouth about the evils of religious polarization; all while remaining arrogant while apologizing for all of the aid and military help that we have given many nations, especially Egypt; who is almost exactly opposite of our ideals, or at least how our ideals were at one time. The Cult of Personality that is our president is amazing to me, but not for any reason that I find honorable or impressive. And I STILL wonder who is pulling his strings...

Lastly: If Obama were a real Christian, he would know that a Christian and a Muslim do NOT worship the same God. I'm not trying to question the cult of personality's personal faith, that is God's call. But I do know that when I see someone claim to be a born again Christian that they cannot still consider there to be one universal, humanist god. All roads do not lead to Rome when it comes to salvation. There is only one God in Heaven, and none of the rhetoric, policy, ideals, or issues in the universe can change that. There are not many ways to God; only one pathway, through Jesus Christ via His sacrifice on the cross...and anyway, why do we try so hard to remove Christianity, I mean religion, from all things governmental, then allow our "leader" to go and freely cater to one religious denomination. And not just cater, but pander. Beg. Kiss up. Why was Obama given a free pass on this? Maybe we don't want separation of state and church, just distance between God and government...

No comments: