Monday, June 22, 2009

Random Stuff On A Monday

I would like to begin today by thanking everyone for their support and also to apologize for the "hit and miss" blogging lately. It's just been hectic lately. No worse than anyone, I'm certain, but hectic none the less. Thanks again for hanging in there.

And now for some random stuff:

There is little honor among people these days, and even fewer people know how to be a friend. I realize that I have been blessed with some great friends in the past, and I unfairly compare all my friends to a certain few, but friendships are that important to me and should be measured with important scales, even if the relationships aren't that important to others. Maybe we should all try all little better in the area concerning our friendships...

...and speaking of honor, we blame a lot of things on the "decline of capitalism and free enterprise" in our country, but we seldom think that much of the blame is the lack of honor and integrity. Freedoms need ethics and honor and principles to work best. Otherwise a bunch of rules have to be written to regulate our lousy habits. Morality cannot and should not be regulated, even in the area of economics. Maybe we should all try to do a little better here also...

...and to do better by our president, we really need to be praying for him. And not just the general, "be with our president even though I didn't vote for him and I don't really trust him but I know I should pray something for him" kind of prayer. We need to be specific. Pray for wisdom. Pray for guidance of the right kind. Pray for protection against negative influence. We are facing many crisis right now. Besides the issues and polarization in our own country, we have a lot of turmoil on the international level. And words and sanctions will do little to help. Pray for direction and clear answers that will lead to actions for our president...maybe most of you already do this, but I need to try to do little better in this area...

...people will take a pill for a hangnail, regardless of the many side affects and health warnings associated with the pill; but let one person get a little sick from the all-you-can-eat buffet and it's lawsuit time. Seems odd to me...

I wish I hadn't read "Atlas Shrugged". It's kinda spooking me these days...

Has anyone else noticed that the movie, "Overboard" is on every single Saturday?

Will the Blues draft well this weekend?

And for all those "Galactic Cowboys" fans, I understand that they are doing three "reunion" gigs in Texas. I will not be able to attend, but I have seen them in St. Louis and they are worth the price of admission. Not to mention that they are some pretty good guys with a real talent and it would be nice to see some good guys win one every now and then. So I encourage folks who can, to support 'em!

And finally, I want to thank my wife and kids for giving me a wonderful Father's Day; much better than I deserve some most of the time. And I want to make an official announcement that I really have the most wonderful wife around. She has really came through in a pinch for me lately. I can fuss about lack of honor and integrity, then think of her and realize that there is much good still left in people. Thanks Brandy, for all that you do!

And that's it. Not exactly the biting sarcasm and political analysis as usual, but it is a Monday; and a little difficult to get the week going. Be blessed and live well today!

No comments: