Monday, June 8, 2009

The Prayer Revolution

I really don't have much of a blog to write today. The stock market is down, congress is trying to decide how to waste more taxpayer money, most of the news is negative, biased, and depressing. Our President is finally getting a little negative press for one of the worst speeches in the modern history of our presidency;while still gaining respect in other circles, although both sides heard the same words. And the Red Wings can wrap up the Stanley Cup finals tonight with a win. Not much to get excited about.

So I suggest that we all turn off the television and radios and take a minute to pray. But don't pray for ourselves, but spend a few minutes praying for those around us. Pray specifically for one or two coworkers, a spouse, a child, a leader, so on and so forth. And don't be concerned about praying for anything large or Earth shattering; even a simple prayer that someone across the room from you will have a better day than you, or that a specific friend experiences unexplainable peace and joy today. Keep it simple. And don't tell the person that you prayed for them, but ask God to answer the prayer so that the person will KNOW that someone prayed for them. Then watch and try to notice the difference that prayer has made in some one's life; even if only for a moment or a day.

We see the effects of the news on peoples behaviour. We can pick up on the habits of people's speech and actions that are influenced by pop culture and cable t.v. But can we see the aftermath of prayer in people's lives? Do we ever look for answered prayers in others lives?

This is not a test of God's power or a contest; but this could turn into a revolution. If we would all practice this prayer exercise more frequently than we do, we could see a real change in our community.

So I suggest that we go to the restroom and sneak a few minutes of prayer in; for the sake of those around us, not for any gain of our own. I think we will find that we may benefit from this practice more than we ever thought that we could and that we CAN make a difference in someones life; and that beats the opinion's of a two-cent blogger every day.

3 comments:

ALJ said...

Thats so true Ron !! I always continue to pray for others as well as pay it forward each and every time I get.. Alot of people don't think about prayer until they are the ones needing it.

If alot more people took the time to Pray for another, reach out to one another, and just pay it forward on the simpliest levels things would be alot better.

No matter how bad things get I will never stop prayer, never lose my faith and will always keep holding on, because I have seen the work of God and I know his power and what he can do. I have seen the power within myself and how much I effected the life of another by paying it forward as it has been done to and for me in my life, so Praying and Paying it forward is something I will always do and encourage another to do as well.





ALJ...aka Amina

RMason said...

Little I can add to that, Amina except, "Yep!"

The Youngs said...

I drive 30 mins to work daily. I use this time to pray for everyone and everything. You can pray anywhere. God hears us even when we are cleaning the house. If others would pray instead of complains about things or gossip, they would be amazed how God can change things around them. Good Post Ronnie!

( I am playing catch up on your blogs since we were gone for two weeks on a missions trip)