Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Random Thoughts on a Wednesday

I only have a handful of sporadic thoughts for today:

The more that I learn in life, the less I understand. I have heard this saying my entire life, but I am only recently beginning to really know what it means. I am finding it to be a very true statement.

I don't know how often I mention my family in this blog, but I love my wife and kids more than I ever thought would be humanly possible.

Today is the day that President, or Presidente, Obama signs the budget for this fiscal year. And there is no logic in dealing with the budget. There was no logic in the budget dealings during Bush's years. But I do not understand how so many people can complain about the amount of spending in Bush's budgets, then turn around and sign off on a budget that increase the amount of government spending. I guess I misunderstood the complaints against Bush; I though people wanted less spending.

The temperature dropped almost 50 degrees in 10 hours. I don't know if that is any kind of a record, but it reinforces the old adage about Southeast Missouri weather," If you don't like the weather, stick around a few minutes, it will change."

I am glad that the current economic crisis is over. Phew! Now that the Dow has risen almost 400 points, we can all go back to business as usual; CHARGE!!! On a more serious note, I do hope that the market recovers so that those near retirement can recover some of their losses. What a nightmare it must be for some people.

My beloved Blues are 3 points out of a playoff spot! I remain skeptical of their chances for a berth, but hopeful that I am wrong. And for those in the Kansas City area there is good news and bad news concerning the NHL. The good news is that there is more than just the usual talk about a franchise relocating to K.C. The bad news is that the word is that the team may be the New York Islanders. More good news is that the local high school hockey teams will have someone to beat up on in scrimmage games.

I may write more on this on a later date, but Obama's changing the policy on stem cell research is appalling. There is absolutely no necessity in this move, other than to show who is boss and to appease the far left. With the advancements made in adult cells and pluripotent stem cells, there is no need to destroy human life to harvest cells that may or may not cure some disease. And it is killing human life. We are not 30 days from curing cancer and Parkinsons as the scientists' claim. We will be no closer in a year; at least not due to embryonic stem cell research. The advancements are being made in non-embryonic stem cell research. But scientists have to stretch the truth in order to get grants and headlines. But remember that science is cold hard facts, not politics. Do some reading on stem cell research and on the funding of stem cell research, if you can find any unbiased or honest reporting on it. The research on stem cells was being funded, the President plainly lied when he said otherwise. There was just no funding to kill more embryos. And I guess the stem cell research doesn't fall under the category of protecting innocent life, as Obama stated that he was for during his campaign. Kind of like the UN funding that pays for abortions in foreign countries. Once again, I must have misunderstood the terminology. I just thought that when someone said they would be for bills that lessened abortion and killing innocents that these two policies would never see the light of day.

On that note, I cannot believe how dishonest Obama is. I knew he would be inept, but I honestly had little idea he was so evil. And spiteful.

I rarely agree with Rush Limbaugh, but I do hope that Obama fails. I think George Washington would have wanted Obama to fail. Don't get me wrong, I do not want the U.S. to fail. But Obama's policies and such will not help our country to succeed. I realize that I am opinionated and the worse kind of know-it-all, but ask me again in three years if I am wrong...I hope Obama fails miserably. As well as Pelosi and Reid. But people will have to wake up and shake off the apathy in order for this to happen.

Speaking of Rush Limbaugh, I guess he is believing the polls and trying to become the leader of the Republican party. This may be the step that pushes me to the Libertarian Party; if it weren't for the isolationism and ideas about the war on drugs...

Does anyone else feel like a conservative individual without a party? Where is Reagan and George H.W. Bush when you need them?

I also feel like a Christian without a church, so to speak. I guess without a congregation is more accurate than church. But people have forgotten who the church is. Does anyone else have this problem?

I don't think that I write often enough of how much I appreciate our military. You guys do a job that I am not man enough to perform. Thank God for you and I urge all of us to continue to pray for your safety.

Why is there no good, hard rock music anymore? At least nothing that I can listen to with a clear conscious.

And that is about all of the random, and at least printable, thoughts for the moment. Have a wonderful Humpday! And remember that Spring is coming soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with the church thing. I would love to write more but the way things are going today..... I want to keep this "CLEAN!"

Anonymous said...

I understand...