Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The "Winds" of Life

I don't know about you all, but I am tired of being cold and even more tired of WIND! I really do not remember a time when we have had more wind than we have over the past few months. I am tired of being blown around and fighting to pull myself through what sometimes seems like gale force winds. As I was meditating about being physically blown to and fro, I was reminded that sometimes the circumstances of life make me feel as though I am enduring the same "gale force winds" mentally and spiritually. Whether it is weather, work, economy, politics, people, or even my children, life can, at times, be "forceful". Do you ever have those moments when you want to "stay inside" from the "winds of life"...those moments when you just aren't sure that you can pull yourself through...those moments when you aren't sure why the "forces" that push against you are pushing against you and if they will ever stop?

In listening to conversations from numerous individuals in diverse settings and situations, it seems that now more than ever, people are simply tired. Life, in whatever realm, has worn them down. People are more concerned about their jobs, their retirement, their savings, and their future than I have ever seen in my lifetime. Talk of Biblical prophecy regarding end times seems rampant. I find myself wondering what struggles may loom in our own futures and for our children. And just when those "winds" of life begin to wear me down once again, I hear a still, small voice full of reassurance...not reassurance that life will always be full of happiness...or easy...or understandable...but reassurance that no matter how hard or long those winds blow...no matter what they bring forth...no matter what they blow away...there is "Force" even greater...a "Force" that has withstood and will continue to withstand any and all circumstances that life can bring.

I don't know about you, but there is a new "wind" in my sail today...a new outlook toward the realities of life...a new strength to combat the intricate forces of life. His name is Jesus, and He is THE FORCE! He will never fail you...He will never leave you...He always keeps His promises...and He loves you more than you could ever imagine.

Life may bring a plethora of problems...there may be times when you wonder where He is and why He won't step in...when you wonder why everything seems to be harder for you than for everyone else...when you wonder when even the simple things of life will get easier...but those are the moments when we must stand even more on faith and His promises.

"The Lord is faithful to all his promises"...Psalm 145:13

No comments: