Friday, October 31, 2008

TRICKS OR TREATS?

When we hear the words "Trick or Treat?", we probably all automatically think of HALLOWEEN! But I do believe that if we allowed our thoughts to continue, we could all name several situations or issues, especially recently, where "Trick or Treat?" would be appropriate! To name a few: a $700 BILLION dollar bailout (actually a little more than that now!) that HAD to be pushed through or civilization would end, Ted Stevens, campaign commercials and debates, gas prices, and I could go on...

Whether your "examples" come via television, radio, internet, or life itself, we could all spend hours discussing how we have at one time or another been "tricked" instead of "treated". Those times that what initially looked so good on the surface, didn't turn out quite the way you expected. Those experiences can cause us to become so jaded with life and with individuals that our eyes become "clouded".

Let me renew your hope! If life has seemed to offer more "tricks" than "treats" for you, or if you find yourself still focusing on a specific situation, know this...

There is a Lord who knows YOUR NAME. He knows every hair on your head. He knew you before you were born. So no matter how many "tricks" life throws your way...you can always have hope because the God of ALL CREATION has a plan for you and NOTHING surprises Him!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart". Jeremiah 29:11-13



*Thanks to my wife for filling in for me today and writing this blog!

No comments: