Monday, November 3, 2008

Who Is Barak Obama?

With tomorrow being election day, I'm sure that most of our thoughts are on things political. I know that many of my thoughts are. And with so many different thoughts on the election and the campaign, I have alot of random notions, statements, questions, and philosophies floating around in my head; and I will devote today's blog to these musings:

For starters, my intent today is not to offend or polarize anyone. as I have stated before, I have many friends who vote opposite of me and we are still friends; friends who I respect and admire regardless of their political philosophies. Nothing will change that. And I have also written that we, my friends and I, are what works in our country; people who care about each other, listen to each other, respect each other, relate to each other, then vote freely for whomever our convictions lead us to vote for, all the while remaining friends. I only wish congress could behave so respectfully.

With that being said, I realize that some feathers may be ruffled by my words today. That may be a good thing, that may be a bad thing. It depends on how we all react as individuals and what we do about our convictions. And while I like to stir the pot at times, I only like to do if it causes others to think or act on their passions. I would also add that I appreciate my friends and family allowing me to be me and to be vocal and strong-minded. I appreciate that my philosophies are heard even though they may not be agreed with. And with all of that being said, here are some random musings on things political:

I have to say that I have become more jaded during this election year.

The media has been absolutely atrocious in their coverage of the respective campaigns. For starters, I would like to see more coverage of the Libertarian party, Independent party candidates, and other parties running a candidate for president. Personally, I like to hear everyone's opinion and philosophies. And having coverage of multiple candidates helps keep everyone more honest, so to speak. But I guess the media is more concerned with popularity and ratings than they are concerned with actual "campaign coverage".

I used to be one who grew tired of people complaining about the media. I feel that the media does a very important job in this country. I believe in freedom of the press and that it is crucial to the people and that it aids in the democratic process. So it is not with a hidden agenda or with some knee-jerk reaction to something that I have read that causes me to be so disappointed, so angry at the media these days. It is the main stream media that has become as corrupt as congress; a media that has shirked responsibility and ethics for instant gratification. The media that we rely on for information has let us down. They have decided that they know what is best for us, the common man, and that we will all be better if we let THEM dole out crucial information to the masses like a parent doles out a weekly allowance for a child. They have forgotten their duty and abused their freedom.

And regardless of who you support in the election tomorrow, you have to see the bias. And bias should not play a role in all of the news. It has it's place and should be afforded some liberties, but not under the guise of information and fact.

For instance, Out of ten major magazines on the shelves this weekend, eight featured Obama on the cover. One featured McCain. -

Another example is the headline,"Biden Reliable Running Mate Amid the Stumbles". Is Sarah Palin measured with the same scales?

Or "Biden States McCain Reacted too Slowly to Economic Woes". Now suddenly McCain is the only senator in the race. Hasn't Joe Biden been in senate for alot of years? Doesn't the press acknowledge that when they need to add experience to Obama ticket? And isn't Obama credited with being a very influential and important figure in congress, although he has only been there two years? But only McCain is responsible for economic woes? This gets into a level of bias that is not only ignorant, but insane.

And how about the GOP scaring people so that they will not get out and vote? How are they scaring people? And what about ACORN, if you want to get into voter interference? And Obama's $800,000 donation to his former employer? Sure, it received modest coverage, but the issues were never pressed. Obama was handed a free pass on the issue. One of many.

And how about anytime that Obama was pressed on anything? If anyone had the audacity, he would simply state that "that", whatever the that of the day was, was "out of bounds" and should not be an issue; and the subject was dropped. Does he know the Jedi mind trick? Why is he not pressed on the issue?

Obama has verbally acknowledged that Jeremiah Wright has been an influential person in his life. He has written about him and even tilted his book after one of Wright's sayings. Yet when he is pressed, he says that that is out of bounds and that religious freedom is being compromised. Yet Sarah Palin is crucified for her pentecostal background. Reporters dig to find out if she has spoken in tongues, which is a spiritual gift according to the Bible. But something that may be her private prayer language between her and God, and is supported Biblically in a supposed Christian nation comes under attack. But that is in bounds?

There are many, many more examples but time and children will not allow more at the present.

And how about the candidates, both presidential and vice-presidential? Joe Biden is a reason I am jaded. I never agreed with his politics but I always liked Biden. i considered him a straight shooter who spoke his conscious. But not anymore. He's just a common politician. During HIS attempt for presidential bid he stated that Obama wasn't ready to be president and that John McCain could be. Then he gets the vp nod and it all changes. In a matter of weeks? What class did Obama take that made him so instantly prepared to be a world leader? Sign me up for that one. Biden has always had foot in mouth disease. he hasn't been able to win his parties nomination on his own. So now he has a chance to be in the big show and he changes his stances, his style, and his principals. He becomes a sell out. And another seemingly honest man succumbs to the corruption of political power. Joe Biden lost my respect, not that he will lose any sleep over it.

And how about Biden's remarks that Obama will be tested by a foreign country within six months of election. And make no mistake about it, he is insinuating an attack from terrorists or rogue nations. Go to YouTube and look for yourself, don't take my word for it. Anyway, when Biden was added to the Obama ticket it was for his foreign policy. many agree that Biden's expertise is in foreign policy. The media concurs. Joe Biden is a foreign policy expert. An expert that said McCain is the best man for foreign policy numerous times. Yet when the expert claims that there will be a "test" within six months, it is dismissed as Joe Biden being Joe Biden. He steps out of the expert role when he contradicts Obama's agenda. He steps out of the expert role when he acknowledges McCains mettle. Yet when he is attack dog and kool-aid drinker, he is an expert again. And they make Palin out to be some sort of ninny...

And does it concern anyone else that Obama is "endorsed" by so many other world leaders? Leaders who hate the United States? Where is the media coverage and slant there?

I am running out of time and space. I have much more to say today but have other duties i must see to. I have changed a dirty diaper, given two baths, swept up a mess, damage control, broken up two fights, filled three sippee cups, and performed brain surgery(so it feels) while blogging today. So I am sorry if this isn't very coherent. I would like to wrap today's blog up by stating that I do not have animosity for Barak Obama. But I do not think we know who he is. He sells Hope, but he does it by trying to scare you into it. Hope should not be sold under the guise of negativity. But he is given so many free passes, we don't really know who he is. He has never been tested, actually the opposite is true. He has had legislation written for him. he has had the backing of the press and has become a pop culture icon. He sells magazines and helps t.v. ratings. An entire political party has been behind his efforts. You have to look at the facts that he has done very little of his own other than write books about himself. We don't know who Barak Obama is. I doubt that he is the anti-christ or that he is a terrorist. I don't believe, nor pass along, extreme right-wing emails. But we really don't know who Obama is. He has not been pressed to explain his ties with corrupt, extreme, or dangerous people. His relationships are always out of bounds, even though he is running for the highest office in the land. Acorn hasn't been explained or investigated. He hasn't been held accountable for elitist comments in San Franciso or God and Guns comments in the heartland. And when Joe Biden was pressed about some comments in Florida television interview, he not only lied and backtracked, but the Obama campaign has taken all "privileges' from the Florida tv station. They will not give anymore interviews or acknowledgments. Is this how his presidency will be? Will we be punished for having legitimate questions? Obama simply has not been tested in any manner. He is not ready for the presidency. At least I don't think he is. He has been so sheltered and protected that I am not really certain of anything about him...I am getting back on the soapbox. And I really must finish here.

Maybe I can air my gripes about the lousy campaign McCain ran or how his political ads derailed the "straight talk express" later this week. I am just as jaded by the Republicans as i am by the democrats. Just not as enraged as I am by the media treatment during this last year...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you a huge that I can not even comphrend right now. I too, would like to see coverage on other parties, not just Democratic or Republican. And I agree on the Obama. HE is NOT READY FOR PRESIDENCY.

Anonymous said...

The media or the new democrats will not admit it but he is not ready. I do hope he does well and that all of my concerns are for naught!