Monday, October 27, 2008

Mondays Musings

I hope everyone had a good weekend and are refreshed and ready to face the work week. Now for some of my thoughts, none of which will help you prepare for the week ahead:

Is it any wonder that the new England Patriots have such a good record at home? With officiating always in their favor, they should win most of their games. Of course, the Rams blew the game on their own yesterday. Marc Bulger was so poor that he eliminated the biased officiating. The game was there for the winning, but good old stone feet, rag armed, throw off the back foot, giddy, skittish, never look off a defender, or cant make a screen pass Bulger helped it go to the Patriots. But on a good note, Pittman had a good day running the ball. He actually hit the holes better than look at me, self-centered, know-it-all, I'm smart as the coach, self-centered, over rated, happy feet, dancing boy, self-centered, trip on the chalk line, self-centered Steven Jackson...I bet you didn't know that my expertise even qualifies me as a self-proclaimed general manager in the NFL.

And speaking of the NFL, the Rooney Rule had good intentions behind it and probably did some good at one time.But now it is nothing more than a technicality and a hassle.

On the political scene: We all need to watch how this latest conflict in Syria unfolds. This could be a bigger issue than many of us understand. If I were a better blogger, I would have a link here so you could read about the conflict. Maybe i will work on that this week. Anyway, you should read up on the attack on the news site of your choice.

Does anyone besides myself wonder why abortion is portrayed as a religious issue? It seems like murder to me and the last time I checked. I know that this is considered my opinion and that is a controversial topic, but what else do you call "termination of a pregnancy?" It is murder. That's the only way to terminate a pregnancy. And if someone kills an expectant mother they are often tried for the murder of the unborn child as well as the mother. How does that make sense legally? And the argument about a woman's choice doesn't make sense either. Should women be allowed to determine who lives or dies because of their role in the process of childbirth? I know I probably lost some readers with this opinion, but I do feel strongly about it. None of the arguments for abortion make sense to me. And this is a moral issue, but not a religious issue. Maybe politics caused it to become religious. I would like to write more on this, but the savages are very restless today and I will do good to finish my thoughts as they are...

How about the story last week about "scientist erasing specific memories in mice". It seems that scientist have determined that they can erase bad memories in mice. What? Yeah, you read it right...Some thoughts that come to my mind were, what bad memories do mice have? Or how did they determine these bad memories existed? Did a mouse tell them? Do they not know that Stuart was a movie? Or that Mickey is just a cartoon mascot? And how did they then determine that the bad memories where erased? Did the mice smile more often after treatment? Did they begin to skip through the mazes instead of scurrying frantically? And how did the reduced stress level in mice affect cheese consumption? Do they have an artists rendition as proof?

And how about the scientist in Australia determining that honeybees could count. But only to the number four. How did they know that? They don't even have hooves to clomp, like the counting horses do. Apparently, the scientist set up strips in a tube and the bees flew to the strip that had food. They then removed the food and the bee would fly back to the same strip. But they would only do this action up to the fourth strip, meaning that the bees could only count to four. And I believe one scientist overheard on of the bees counting out loud as he searched for the strip with the food. And he counted one, two, three, four, six, nine, ten, eight, etc. sort of like my kids do when they are in a hurry and bored with my asking them to perform their parlor tricks in front of company. It makes me wonder if they checked the age of the bees. Maybe they uses child bees. Or maybe the bees have ADD and need ritalin. Maybe this was a different breed of bees, unlike the industrious ones we know of. These were the lazy bees. Lazy as an Australian bee...I think somewhere, a butt load of bees are laughing because they fooled the scientist into believing that they could only count to four. Maybe they will do their own study on scientist, "Why do scientist use ten test strips of food when four is all that is required"

And that is about it for today. The kids are quiet, so I better go see what they have broken, are eating, or what is burning down...

3 comments:

Shawna said...

About the abortion part...

I heard this Nurse Jill Stanek talk about live birth abortion one day on the radio and I think I threw up a little in my mouth. The most appalling thing I've heard of in a while.

Here's a video of her talking about her experiences and how Obama voted against giving these baby medical care 3 times.

Be ready to puke! I guess I'll have to carry a barf bag around everywhere I go if he is elected.

Shawna said...

Here's a video of Jill Stanek talking about live birth abortions.

I first heard her talk about this in the car one day and I seriously threw up a little in my mouth.

I for one agree with your views on abortion.

Anonymous said...

All good points Ronnie.

--Matt W