Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday's Announcements

Hello and a glorious Monday to you all! And that was my weekly attempt at being a cock-eyed optimist, cheerleader type...

I want to first thank everyone for the kind words and comments concerning the blog about "What I know", that I wrote last week. I am reminded of how many of you have shaped my thoughts and feelings and that there is good reason why I miss so many of you guys so often. And it turns out that it was the most read blog that I have written, with about 60 reads. I have to admit that I was surprised at the response; pleasingly surprised. With that being said, I hope to incorporate a little more of myself into this blog; and not just what my thoughts are, but my feelings as well. But don't expect it all at once, it will be a process for me. I feel that too often we focus on our feelings, feelings that can mislead us; and also feel that I shy away from sharing mine due to this philosophy. I'm a very open person, and very emotional also. I just try to keep it all in check, and balanced. So bear with me as I fine tune my approach.

I also would like to announce that I will be doing a blog on all things football. I have not decided if I will do it on this site ot create a new site dedicated to football. I do plan on starting it this week, as many NFL camps open this week as well. If you have any feedback or thoughts, let me know!

Also, in the form of an announcement, I will begin to blog about my "fixes" for health care, crime, immigration, and other issues that we face. That will be on the "Self-Inflicted" site beginning this week as well. And my plan is for this not to turn into an Obama-bash, which I am guilty of all too often. I want to give my two-cents on the issues and how I see them, and how I think we can fix the ailments we face in our country. Just some things for us to think about...

Thanks again for reading and supporting. In the last year since I began this, there have been near 2000 reads, as close as I can calculate. I do hope that the site grows and has a purpose, and with your help and support, we can get 4000 reads this year! And if any of you want to be on the mailing list of reminders, email me at ronnie_mason@hotmail.com. And don't forget that there is a "Readers of the Self-Inflicted Blog" group on Facebook. Not muvh action on it, but you never know how it will develop!

May God truly bless your Monday!

No comments: