Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday, Monday...Can't Trust That Day

Who knew Neil Diamond would be so prophetic?

Anyway, it is Monday. And I have some questions and thoughts to ask and share:

Who didn't think our taxes would go up? Now that the new administration is hinting at such, why act surprised? And with our deficit being what it is, what did we expect? Is this a price we pay for corruption or apathy? We can point fingers, but I can't help feeling that "We the people" have allowed much of this with our ballots and our heads in our cable television...

...and when it is a crime to be wealthy and successful? So why penalize this group with higher taxes? Do most of us strive for mediocrity? Are we angry that we can't achieve success so we criticize those who have? It is no sin to be wealthy nor is it a sin to be poor. These are only indicators of purpose and status when the standard by which we measure others is monetary...

What would a single man do if he were searching for companionship through web-dating services? Or what would he do if he only wanted a "regular girl", someone decent and someone to talk to? All of the "see who's been searching you" or "find your partner now" ads feature large breasted sorority girls wearing skimpy pjs telling you that they have been trying to find you. What if you're too old for sorority girls? Or what if three girls having a pillow fight just confuses you when you only need one girl to spend a little quality time. Call me old fashioned, but the bars may be a better scene...

...and how about the pharmaceutical ads? I have quit making doctor visits and just watch drug company ads. They give you the problems, symptoms, and cure if you just consult a physician. So I basically watch three ads and compare them to see if I need enlargement, shrinkage, or a prostotectomy then call my doctor and order my meds. And if the side affects don't kill me and Im able to still remmebrer my name, I am able to pee freely as well as control my cholesterol with one single pill...

...who are all of these people on the reality t.v. shows? Are they celebs before or after the reality show? Kind of a "chicken or the egg" thing...

Is this nice weather teasing us or could Fall be around the corner?

Do people really stay up all night, then complain all over Facebook about being tired all day? And is this as difficult to explain as splitting the atom? And I don't mean the people who mention this every now and again, but the repeat offenders that want us to know how many Red Bulls they drink three or four days out of the week?

Maybe I'm getting crotchety...

...do I really long for the days when the neighborhood kids call me "old man Mason" and walk in my grass just so i can yell at them from my front porch?

Why do many progressives hide behind the separation of church and state as to remove God or Christian ethics from all being, yet have no problem legislating morality through taxes, healthcare, or "reforms"

What is the difference between uni-sex restrooms or family restrooms? And why not bi-sexual bathrooms? Aren't there only two genders? Or is there more to this "uni-sex" thing that I am missing? Have we gotten THIS politically correct to where we are confused as to how to label our restrooms?

How can I have complete faith in God's workings around me and see miracles in seeds, birth, water, etc and so on, yet struggle so much when it comes to prayers?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

If wishes were fishes, would we all really have shad?

If a baseball player thanks God for helping him hit a curve ball, does his logic show that God cares more about him than the pitcer? Or did the pitcher just not pray as much?

Will any of this better mankind? probably not, but it may give us something to think about. Let me know if you have any answers! And have a great Monday!

4 comments:

Amina aka Storm said...

Raising hand from the back of the class... I know the answers..

A

B

C

C

D

And the last one is ........NO

LOL..

Have a great week Ron.

Amina,

RMason said...

Move to the head of the class, Amina...lol

Have a good week yourself!

The Youngs said...

Of course taxes will be would go! The gov is spending money left and right so who else are we going to pay for it.

If pharmaceutical companies would not spend millions on ads, maybe people could afford their medicine.

I think I will buy a tootsie pop just so I can answer that question!LOL

I wonder when some "friends" on FB complain about partying all night the complain of a hangover. Are we back in High school and college, where you think it is cool to get drunk? But this is coming from someone who doesnt drink anymore unless it is a blue moon out!

Thanks Ronnie for making ponder all these questions. I will let you know if I come up with something brilliant!

Heather

RMason said...

I could use some brilliance, Heather! Let me know when you have all of the problems solved! haha