Monday, May 4, 2009

R.I.P. Jack Kemp

Here we are on another glorious Monday! Whoop-EEE!

And if you are reading this, I am assuming that you have survived the Great Swine Flu Pandemic of 2009. Or at least have survived the overpublicised fear-mongering job that the media has seemed to try to pull over on us. It makes me wonder what 'pandemic' means. Maybe it means something that affects .00023 percent of the population while frightening 98.0017 percent of the populous. But what do i know? I know I would have never considered wasting a good crisis ala Rahm Emanuel, but I really don't figure that the liberals or the conservatives had much to do with this; it merely became a ratings game for the main stream media.

Don't get me wrong, as I sem to say all too often, it is a tragic thing for those affected by the swine flu. And it is not my intention to make light of anyones tragedy. But how many people are affected by the plain old flu every year? Statistically,it is more than the number of those affected by the swine flu 'pandemic'. So which one is the pandemic or the outbreak? Seems like we need to work on our termoinology. And by the way, there is no such thing as the plain old flu. There are several strains of influenza, all of which have no cure. So let's kep things in check.

And I realize that I am about a week late on this, but I am behind on my blogging and needed a warm-up topic!

I am glad to see that the "car czar" is doing such a great job at saving the automobile industries pandemic failure. Once again, we have a mde government larger and more ineffective; but we are getting more effecient at doing it. Itonly took a couple of weeks to expose the futility of government bureaucracy. And we managed to lose a few more rights a little faster along the way. But at least we didnt lose our rights to only foreign bodies; our good old, patriotic American governmemnnt has saved us by hording most of our liberties this time around. Thank goodness they at least kept our freedoms on our own soil; even if they no longer belong to we the people.

I wonder what Big Bank or Big Business will be bailed out this week? And I wonder which Republican congressman will be outraged?!!? My guess is that it will be the one with the shortest memory; the one who forgot tht Bush started this mess and that republicans had twelve years of majority in congress and managed to do diddly-squat with it. Not that I want one parties agenda before them others, but I used to lean much more towards the Republicans. Thanks to Reagan and Bush Sr.

And also to Jack Kemp. May he rest in peace. He was one who had a lot of influence and great ideals when I really began understanding politics. He was very conservative fiscally. He didnt want a big government. He was against abortion due to what it was, not merely opposed to a concept. He never flinched on his stance or belief in supply-side economics. He rarely flinched, period. He truly cared about the poor and those down on his luck. He was prone to wordy outburst of bombastwhen his emotions ran high. He waxed populist rhetoric, but meant what he said. He went to a small college and learned a lot of things on his own. His wife has lead a home Bible study for thirty years, I have read this morning. He wsn't afraid to disagree and gave Bush Sr. fits at time; just trying to keep things in the interest of the people. And his son was a back-up quarterback for the Rams.

Jack Kemp was the man who could have been president, and we would have been better for it. But he always gave his all for the better interest of others. Our nation lost a good man this weekend. I only hope that his death will remind us of why we care about politics and people and how they should serve each other. Maybe his name being in the news again will inspire someone to form a party with his ideals and give people like me a REAL choice of someone to vote for and stand behind in the upcoming elections; elections that may be the most crucial in our country's short history.

Rest In Peace, Mr. Kemp...

No comments: