Friday, September 19, 2008

Random Thouhgts

About all I have for today are a few random thoughts. And I will try to be brief but entertaining, and as always, thought provoking. And I hope, interesting to read...

Is anyone else tired of cleaning up after Ike? I have dreamt of tree limbs and chainsaws all week. And when I get to the point of grouchy, I am reminded of the poor people in the gulf who have it so much worse than I do. Then my complaints seem petty; which they are...Keep praying for those in the gulf and Caribbean.

Free Ed Hochuli! He's still the best ref in football. There's no question that he dropped the ball, but I think hate mail is excessive. And he's being man enough to respond to every letter! I just hope people think of how many games he has done an excellent job on and not focus on one call...and if L.T. would earn his paycheck that call may not have mattered anyway.

Can anyone else believe that the Obama camp doesn't want Lindsey Lohan as a spokesperson?!!?

Jessica Simpson on the top of the country charts? I'm not a country music fan, but she makes my ears bleed.

And Brad Pitt wrote a large check to support gay marriage. Wow! I wish someone would write me a check and support my heterosexual marriage. Oh, but wait...heterosexism is narrow minded. Oops! My bad...

Why do all of the gay people on cable television all look like Elton John riding a merry-go-round? I hear these gay men talk about individual rights and freedom of expression and so on and so forth; then they all act like stereotypical, gay men. It's all a little cartoonish to me. And I'm sure that someone will view this as hate-mongering.

I may do some blogs on words, word origins, and words current meanings. I for one don't know what anything means anymore. How do we define marriage? Feminism? Homosexual? Bi-sexual? Racism? Science? Religion? etc...I thought I knew what these meant but the words are used so wrongly that it causes me to wonder.

Will the Rams score a touchdown this week?

NHL training camp opens for most teams this week...That is a reminder for all four hockey fans left in America...Fire Bettman!

And that's about all of my printable, random thoughts for this morning. I hope everyone has a good weekend! God bless!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fire Bettman!!!

http://www.FireBettman.com

Anonymous said...

Its already on my favorite list!!!

Anonymous said...

I love these random thought type of blogs sandwiched with the more serious topic blogs...nice balance!Personally, I think less football and more baseball should be blogged esp. since the dodgers are in the mix right now or have you turned into a wimpy cards only fan?hahaha love ya bro.Beth