Monday, September 29, 2008

Mondays Bombast

There is no specific subject worthy of a soapbox diatribe today, so I will just throw out some random stuff. We won't reinvent the wheel today...

Is anyone else still skeptical about the $700 billion bailout? I still stand by my previous statements and feel that we should let capitalism take it's course. Until the economic "false bubble" completely bursts, we are only prolonging the inevitable. And I'm not trying to be "ugly" or "stubborn" or "negative" or whatever else you want to label me; I feel that if we would return to sound economic principles and maybe even live a littler more simply that our economy would be better off in the future. And I would rather make the sacrifices now and have my children prosper later. Besides, things aren't that bad now It is a matter of perspective. Not to mention that I read that the democrats have some concessions added. That can't be good. Not considering today's democratic party. And have we forgotten that Carter's role in this? Or Clinton's? How about the democratic controlled congress that ignored Bush? And one more word that may make you feel nauseous, Pelosi...

Will the Rams win a game this year? We can only hope...Scott Linehan's firing came about a year too late. Now let's hope Chip finishes the job and cleans house in the upper management.

I sure hope little black holes from the Hadron Supercollider don't eat up Europe. I would hate to live in a world without France.

How many gay men can get jobs on cable television? Obviously the number is 11,376 because that it what it seems like I see as I flip channels. I'm not a homophobe nor do I harbor any ill feelings toward these people. Jesus died for all of us and if they can tolerate my shortcomings, then I should tolerate theirs. I don't intend to judge. But I do get tired of the same, worn out routine of effeminate men all looking like Barney Frank playing hop-scotch while wearing a tutu. There needs to be a movement in the gay men club of America. I am glad that all gay men aren't stereotypically balding and overweight, and dress in t-shirts and shorts year round. I would have to answer a lot of questions...

Why do my kids seem like uncontrollable savages while other's children seem so manageable?

How about piracy in Africa? What a mess! And did anyone else get a mental picture of Capt. Jack Sparrow in their minds when they hear about pirates? I don't know what he will do with tanks, but I bet Disney will work it into the next six movies.

And how about all of the upsets in college football this weekend?

Anyone ready for hockey season? Besides me and the other seven people who still watch the NHL? And as usual, Fire Bettman! Or at least vote him into congress; I hear Minnesota is an easy "in" to the political arena.

Has anyone found any good music to listen to? I have recently discovered Dave Potts, but he's not new. He's not as heavy as Megadeth but is a great songwriter, in my opinion. And I guess I am getting old, because most new music is lousy to me. No heart and even less talent. The music business is truly business. I think it's true that video killed the radio star. Anyone can get a record deal. And look at how many "stars" come from American Idol or America's got Talent( a misnomer). I don't remember alot of bands in the past having to win a contest or get signed due to a popularity poll rather than talent. Everything seems so political to me. Maybe it's just the election year...I guess I will search the indie labels for something new; if I can wade through all of the weirdness and maintain my high standard of taste!

And with that, I will end today's ramblings and try to find something to do that will help me be a productive citizen. Wish me luck! I need it...

No comments: